License Agreement for Use of Plans
Please call David Neff at 917-647-2039 with any questions or concerns about the following agreement.
Note that all aspects of the following agreement are standard for the floor plan industry.
A. Acceptance of Terms
By purchasing and using the products and services of shinglestylehomeplans.com, you agree to all Terms and Conditions in this License Agreement.
David Neff Architect assumes no liability for any home, portion of a home, or other structure which may be built from these plans.
C. Use of the Plans
1. These Plans are the property of David Neff, Architect. These Plans are protected by Federal Copyright Laws. Any use of the information contained herein beyond the one-time use authorized by a purchase of Prints, or any duplication, publication, sale or distribution of any part of these Plans without the prior written consent of David Neff, Architect represents a violation of Federal Laws subject to the prescribed penalties.
2. A purchase of Construction Prints of the Plans grants the purchaser as “Licensee” the right to use such documents to construct a single home. A single purchase of construction prints allows duplication of prints solely for that purpose. Purchaser acknowledges that all rights of ownership, title, and interest in the copyrights, plans and derivatives remain with David Neff, Architect. Modified plans are considered derivatives of the original and receive the same copyright protection even if completely redrawn. License for use of the Plans ends with the completion of the house (occupancy). Plans are not transferrable to a third party. This means if the house is not built, the Plans may not be sold to somebody else.
3. Any use of the Plans, or modifications of the Plans, by purchasers, builders or others is done at their own risk. The information contained within the Construction Prints is to indicate design intent and basic construction detailing. It is the builder’s responsibility to provide standard construction details and practices which will result in a structurally sound and weatherproof finished product.
D. Content of the Plans
1. The plans you are purchasing do not have an architectural or engineering signature, seal or stamp. Each state in the United States requires a separate architectural license and has different requirements so please contact your local building department to determine if an architect/engineer’s stamp is required. Your building contractor should be able to assist you finding a local architect/engineer to review and stamp your drawings.
2. These Plans do not include any electrical, plumbing, heating or air conditioning drawings due to the wide variety of local codes and climatic conditions. Licensee should have a local electrical engineer, mechanical engineer or builder provide these drawings if they are required for local permits and for construction.
3. Licensee should have a local architect or licensed engineer review these Plans and provide a site-specific foundation design if found necessary.
4. These Plans provide ideas and concepts and are not intended to be complete in all respects and details. Variations in standard sizes of window and door brands and types and use of different materials and thicknesses can change details. Varying local codes, ordinances, regulations, foundation requirements, and the layout of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems can also change details.
E. Builder’s Responsibility
1. It is the responsibility of the builder to assure that all work is in accordance with the latest edition of all applicable national, state, and local building codes. It is the builder’s responsibility to assure that all work is in accordance with the latest edition of all applicable construction standards.
2. It is the responsibility of the builder to assure that all manufactured articles, material, and equipment are applied, installed, connected, erected, used, cleaned, adjusted, operated and conditioned as directed by the manufacturers. Builder shall follow all instructions to sustain and preserve all expressed or implied warranties and guarantees.
3. It is the responsibility of the builder to assure that all materials, equipment and components are new and of good quality.
4. It is the responsibility of the builder to check all dimensions and details for overall accuracy appropriate to the local conditions and the final selection of materials such as masonry, floor joists, lumber, structural members, construction panels, roofing, etc., all of which can create variations in dimensions and details.
1. Names of materials and manufacturers shown on these Plans do not represent an endorsement or recommendation by David Neff, Architect. Final selections of materials are the responsibility of the homeowner and/or builder, including, but not limited to proper installation of materials, nailing, gluing, caulking, insulating, flashing, roofing, weatherproofing and many other small items and details not necessarily indicated on the Plans, and over which David Neff, Architect has no control or responsibility. David Neff, Architect shall not be held liable for any errors, omissions, or deficiencies in any form by any party whatsoever.
G. Dispute Resolution
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract or the breach thereof shall be settled by arbitration.
H. Return Policy
1. As digital files can be instantly copied, all sales on house plans are final and no refunds or exchanges can be given.