ShingleStyleHomePlans.com is proud to offer a service completely new to the home plan industry- extensive plan modifications as part of every standard purchase. For absolutely no additional cost, plan buyers have the option to collaborate directly with David Neff to modify any design and create a home that meets their every unique requirement.
There are several ways plans can be modified, ranging from minor in-the-field adjustments to a nearly full-custom commission.
5 WAYS TO CUSTOMIZE THESE PLANS
1) Buy PDF plans without modification and make minor adjustments with your building contractor during construction.
2) Order CAD plans and make changes, small or large, with you local designer/architect.
3) Request a variety of changes now, to be included in your drawing set at absolutely no additional cost.
4) Make more extensive design changes for a small fixed-fee.
5) Commission a home from scratch in the Southampton Series, the Bar Harbor Series, or the Lake George Series. Create your own home in one of our standard style lines and get a virtually full-custom home at a price deeply discounted from typical full-service architectural fees.
THE FOLLOWING CHANGES ARE GENERALLY INCLUDED AT NO ADDITIONAL COST
1) Add or remove a porch
2) Add or remove a fireplace/chimney
3) Upgrade to a 3 or 4-car garage
4) Change the garage door orientation
5) Add/eliminate/modify a window or a door
6) Add an elevator
7) Make your home handicap accessible
8) Lengthen or shorten a wing of the house
9) Reconfigure a bedroom suite
10) Reconfigure a bathroom
11) Convert a bedroom into an alternate use
12) Convert a first floor room into a bedroom suite
13) Reconfigure the finished basement layout
14) Raise or lower your ceilings/roofline
15) Redesign the front porch/entry
*Note that for any particular house, some of the above changes may require significant reworking and may require an additional fee
THE FOLLOWING CHANGES ARE AVAILABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE
1) Any of the above changes that necessitate significant layout reworking
2) Add an additional room to the layout, such as a new first floor bedroom suite
3) Reconfigure the house footprint to better fit your building site
4) Increase or decrease square footage by scaling up or scaling down the entire house
HOW DOES MODIFICATION PROCESS WORK?
1) If desired changes fall under the “included” category above, simply list your change on the checkout page in the “plan modifications” box on the checkout page and David Neff will contact you after your purchase to clarify all changes.
2) If your changes are more extensive, use the contact form/call to discuss your changes prior to purchase.
3) In the event that minor changes prove difficult for your particular plan choice, David Neff will contact you and discuss possible additional fees. If the plan can’t be made workable for your needs or if a price cannot be agreed on, a full refund will always be extended.
HOW LONG DO MODIFICATIONS TAKE?
Small changes can typically be made in just a few days. More extensive changes can typically made in less than 2 weeks.
HOW MUCH DO NON-STANDARD MODIFICATIONS COST?
Costs vary depending on the house and on the changes requested. Cost, no matter how extensive the changes, should never exceed the base price of the home. Modifications will always be quoted at a fixed price so you know the exact cost prior to purchase.
If changes become so extensive that they essentially create an entirely new design, David Neff can quote a price for a custom commission as described in #5 in the first section.